Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Can't Wait Until Christmas



Day Eighteen
I Can't Wait Until Christmas
by Linda Lee Maifair
Illustrated by Joe Ewers
1989




I Can't Wait Until Christmas (Little Golden Book) 

Okay, I just love this book! Do you have any children having a hard time waiting until Christmas. Read to them this book, they will love it, too.

Big Bird is so anxious for Christmas, he's already asking Granny Bird how long until Christmas and he has just finished Thanksgiving dinner.

Each week he calls and asks her "how long?" Each week Granny Bird gives him something to do to help pass the time away.

The first week he made a surprise gift for Granny Bird.
The second week he made cards for everyone and visited Santa and sat on his lap.
The third week he and his friends picked out a Christmas tree and decorated it.
The fourth week Big Bird and Cookie monster made Christmas cookies.

Finally, the big day arrived and Granny Bird came to see Big Bird for Christmas.
They opened their presents and Big Bird said, "This has been the best Christmas ever."
"Next year we can do it all over again," said Granny.
"Next year? A whole year until Christmas!" said Big Bird. "I can't wait!"

As I said, this is a wonderful book to read to your kids or grandkids. Hope you enjoyed your little sneak peek at it.

Posted by Janet F. Smart at Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch.

 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I think we got our copy of this one the year my first daughter was born. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice book.. Kids love it. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this sneak peek. And who doesn't love Big Bird? Funtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandkids would love this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!