Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Christmas Goodnight


Day Nineteen
A Christmas Goodnight
By Nola Buck
Illustrated by Sarah Jane Wright
2011



 


This is the newest book to my collection of Christmas Picture Books. I received it from the illustrator, Sarah Jane Wright. And, I must say it is a beautifully illustrated book!
You can go here to see her blog.  There is a fascinating post here about the process of illustrating this book.

Goodnight is said to everyone in the nativity from the baby, the sleepy mother and Joseph, all the way down to the smallest sparrow.

Then the little boy looks outside at the cold, cold night and says goodnight to the things outside.

He gets so sleepy, he falls asleep and tomorrow is Christmas day!

The little ones will love this sweet book with the poetic words and beautiful illustrations.

Hope you are enjoying my posts about Christmas Picture Books.
Less than one week until Christmas!
If you have not finished shopping yet, a book would be a great present for a child.

Posted by Janet F. Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch.

4 comments:

  1. I love the whole idea of this book. It sounds like a great one to read just before nighty night. Thanks Janet! I have loved your posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robyn. I've enjoyed doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a very sweet book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!