Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pooh The Merry Christmas Mystery



Day Four

Pooh the Merry Christmas Mystery
by Betty Birney
Illustrated by Nancy Stevenson
copyright MCMXCVII







When Pooh went to sleep the night before Christmas, he was so excited. When he finally drifted off, Pooh dreamed of all the wonderful honey treats he was sure that Santa would bring him.

But, the next morning Pooh found thistles in his stocking! Thistles made Pooh sneeze. "A smackerel of honey will cure my sneezing," Pooh decided.  But he had no honey!


All his friends in the Hundred-Acre forest received puzzling presents that morning from Santa.
Piglet received a very large furry coat
Eeyore received a rake with a big red bow on it
Rabbit received a tiny pair of earmuffs
Tigger received a Tiggerific jar of honey
Roo received a jar of crunchy cookies made from birdseed and
Owl received a small pair of mittens

What a mystery! How could Santa make such mistakes?
All's well that ends well, though. Owl figured out the mystery and the friends swapped their gifts!
"Yes, it's nice to have a mystery for Christmas," Pooh explained. "As long as there's honey to go with it."
Christopher Robin chuckled and said, "Silly old bear."
Then he bent down and gave Pooh a special Christmas hug.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Do you like Pooh Bear?

Go over to Rena Jones' blog and look at her collection of Little Golden Christmas Picture Books. She loves them as much as I do.


Posted by Janet F.  Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch.





3 comments:

  1. I heart Pooh Bear. He's simply fantastical! Who doesn't love a Christmas mystery. I think we have this. I have to search through our stack of Pooh Bear books.

    Great post, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Winnie-The-Pooh, although Tigger is probably my favorite. When I was a kid I loved Eeyore the most. It's funny how my "likes" have changed as I've gotten older. I think we have this book too. Thanks for the link, as well. Really enjoying these posts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!