Saturday, December 1, 2012

Noel

This is my first day of posting about Christmas Picture Books.


Noel is about a Christmas ornament filled with Happiness.


On the day that he was made, the glassblower's tear of happiness fell with a tinkling sound inside.

He lived through many Christmas seasons hanging on the Christmas tree. But as the years passed, the children-things grew up and the Mother-and Father-things grew old. And one day the Father-thing said, "Aw, let's not bother with a tree this year."

But nothing is truly over when one has a Happiness. And so one happy day, years later...a new family moved in.

But Noel had grown weak. His once-sturdy hook could no longer support him...Noel fell to the floor and was smashed.

But then a Miracle happened. His body was gone, but his Happiness was released. Little Noel had become the pure joy of Christmas.




I hope you enjoyed my first day of Christmas Picture Books.

Come back tomorrow for day two!

Posted by Janet F. Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch.



4 comments:

  1. I love this story! I don't think we have the book, but I've seen a video for it. I wonder if Netflix has it. Great story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this story. This is the first time I heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover on this is vibrant. I bet the illustrations inside are like that too. It's kinda happy/sad at the end. You know?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!