Sunday, December 2, 2012

Donald Duck's Christmas Tree


Day Two!
 Donald Duck's Christmas Tree!

If Donald is in it, it has to be fun. Don't you agree. I love Donald Duck!

It is the day before Christmas and it is time to get the Christmas tree. Donald puts on his coat and cap and mittens. Off he goes with Pluto to find their tree.

Little do they know that Chip and Dale are in their tree. When they put the tree up inside the house, Chip and Dale are up to mischief and Pluto gets blamed for it. Chip and Dale hide when Donald shows up and Poor Pluto can  not explain. That is until Donald finds out who the real mischief-makers are.

Instead of kicking Chip and Dale out into the snow and cold, Donald says, "Oh,  Pluto!" cried Donald. "It's Christmas Eve. We must be kind to everyone, even pesky chipmunks. The spirit of Christmas is love, you know."

My book is dated 1991, but the original date of this book is 1954.

Hope you enjoyed Day two of A Christmas Picture Book a Day until December 24th!

Posted by Janet F.  Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your idea of sharing a Christmas book each day. It makes me want to dig out my Christmas books and keep them handy for the children.
    Hope you have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need to check my LGBs and see if I have this one. I know we have the cartoon of the same story. I love those old Disney Christmas cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have this one somewhere. I'm going to look for it over this coming weekend. Donald is just, well, SO COOL! *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!