Friday, December 7, 2012

Merry Christmas Mom and Dad


Day Seven
Merry Christmas Mom and Dad
by Mercer Mayer
1982


I love Mercer Mayer books! I promise this one will bring a smile to your face.

Each beautifully illustrated page adds so much to the story. Here are a few excerpts:

I wanted to decorate some Christmas cookies just for you, but I couldn't stop tasting them.

I wanted to carry the Christmas balls just for you, but the box was upside down.

On Christmas Eve I tried to go right to sleep just for you, but I was too excited.

I didn't want to make you get up too early on Christmas morning...so I brought my toys upstairs to show you.

Have fun reading this one to your child. Picture Books aren't just for kids.

Posted by Janet F. Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch



5 comments:

  1. This one sounds adorable. I've seen it around a lot, but I don't think we have it. Now I'm going to have to go check and see which ones we have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is adorable, Rena. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE picture books. Always have - always will.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!