Saturday, October 29, 2022

The 12th Annual Halloweensie Writing Contest aahhhrrrooooOOOOO!!!

 It's time for the 12th annual Halloweensie Writing Contest! over at Susanna Leonard Hill's Blog! Click here and check it out. 


WE have to write a write a 100 word Halloween story appropriate for children (children here defined as 12 and under) (title not included in word count) using the words slither, treat, and scare

 

Here's my 100 word entry:

 THE LAST HOUSE

“Are you sure this is the right place?”

“I’m sure.”

My brother and I slithered down the spooky path to the last house of our trick or treat travels.

Ghosts dangled from tree limbs.

Spooky jack o lanterns’ eyes burned bright.

The porch light flickered.

We trod up the squeaky steps, one by one.

A witch cackled and stirred a creepy cauldron filled with candy.

“I’m glad we saved this house for last.”

“Me, too.”

“Boo!” yelled Grandpa from behind the door. “Did we scare you?”

“How do you like my outfit?” cackled the wicked witch.

“Grandma! Is that you?”

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!