Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WORD FOR THE WEEK

IMAGINATION: The ability to imagine things that are not real. The ability to think of new things. Something that only exists or happens in your mind.

EXAMPLE: Use your imagination and let your writing soar to places it has never been before.

QUOTE: Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try. Dr. Seuss

Imagination is something a writer uses daily, even in writing non-fiction.
Readers also use their imagination.

The writer creates characters, settings and new worlds when they write their manuscripts. The readers then get to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Your writing takes them into another time and world. They get to visit other places, magical or real, without ever leaving their home.

Writing is a labor. It takes hard work, along with our imagination. But, I consider writing a labor of love!



I use my imagination and stories about my ancestors 
to create works of fiction - and non-fiction.

How do you use your imagination?

Posted by Janet Smart  on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch.






6 comments:

  1. Such a good post. We often get so caught up in the mechanics of writing that we forget the most important part. Without our imaginations, our stories would never come into being! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are writing days when it feels like my imagination is dried up clementine, but writing through it brings moments of hmmmm, I really can create something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collection of pictures. I was recently reading/looking at scrapbooks and photo albums left behind by my dad and grandma. I think this is good fodder for the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marcia, it would be. I love putting little tidbits of my family into my writing.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!