Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Writer's Conference Coming Up!



It is that time of year again.

The West Virginia Writer's Conference will take place at Cedar Lakes, WV (in beautiful Jackson County) on June 7th, 8th and 9th!

See the covered bridge at the top of my blog - it is located at Cedar Lakes.


I am so lucky to live close by!

I will be there. Will you?

Some of the people giving workshops, that you may be familiar with, are:

C.  Hope Clark of Funds for Writers.com. Her site has been chosen by Writer's Digest for its 101 Best Websites for Writers for the past 12 years. Her newsletters reach 35,000 readers (including me) each week. She also has the cutest dachshund named Roo!

 Marc Harshman, writer of numerous picture books and West Virginia's Poet Laureate.

Marilyn Sue Shank, author of Child of the Mountains.

Two literary agents, Marlene Stringer and Christine Witthohn, will also be there to receive your pitches.

You can go here to find out all about the conference.

Grab your Goodie Bags and name tag and come out and post your prose and poetry on the Writer's Wall. Attend the banquet on Saturday night. Browse through  the book store where members sell their books. Stroll over the lovely grounds of Cedar Lakes and just have a good time chatting with all the friendly attendees.

Do you think you live too far away to come? In the past, we have had people in attendance from Washington, Nebraska, Ohio, etc.

Have you went to a writing conference before?
What is your favorite part of a conference?


Posted by Janet Smart  on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch.





9 comments:

  1. Cedar Lakes is a beautiful place for a writer's conference. You are so fortunate to be able to attend this conference. I sure wish I could attend. I've heard of some of these instructors. I hope you have a great time and get a lot of ideas for writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda. I wish you could come too, and we could meet each other.

      Delete
  2. How lucky that you live close to the conference! I enjoy going to writer's conferences and always learn SO much. Plus, they are so inspiring. I would travel out of state for a conference, but at this time of year W. Virginia is too far for a weekend trip. :) I hope you have lots of fun. Can't wait to hear about it!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jess, I like conferences, too. I like the learning and the meeting of other people who also like to write.

      Delete
  3. Oh, there's nothing like a conference. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful time! Sounds like you have some great speakers. I've never been to one, but I plan on trying to attend a conference in the next year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things are going great at the Writer's Conference. I look forward to your telling us all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, congratulations on your second place win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!