Monday, January 30, 2023

Write What You Know or What You Want to Know More About

 I'm not much of a blogger any more.

I am mainly writing, posting on Facebook and posting on YouTube.

Stop by YouTube and see me. My goal is to get 1000 subscribers by the end of the year. Well, I've only got about 700 to go, so wish me luck.

My biggest passion is writing. It takes up a lot of my time, but I don't feel like it is wasted time. If I quit, my house would be a  lot neater. But for the moment I'd rather be writing than dusting.

Click here to check out my author page on Amazon and see what I've written. 

 My latest venture in writing is putting together a book about Betsy Ross. I'm really excited about it. You see, since around 2002 I've been dressing up as Betsy Ross and walking (or riding) in our hometown 4th of July Parade. It's a big thing where I live. We boast having the largest small town 4th of July Celebration in the country.

 

They say write what you know, so I figured it was time I found out a lot more about Betsy. And writing this book has brought this about. 

Some of you may not believe that she was the creator of the first flag, but I do.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But nevertheless, she was a courageous and  hard-working woman of the 1700s, when it was almost unheard of for women to have their own business.

The book I'm working on is a Picture Book. I've almost finished it. 

She was a woman of many names - being widowed and married three times.

My book is simply titled . . . 

Call Me Betsy

 

 


What have you been writing?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book. I love the title. I am sure the research has been fascinating. :) ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess. Good to see you over to my blog again. I've enjoyed very much putting it together. Gonna push the publish button in a few days.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!