Monday, March 16, 2020

Re-release of Duck and Cover


I've been so busy writing and rewriting lately, that I seem to have lost track of time. In addition to working on getting my book back on Amazon, I have also been working on another historical fiction novel (this one geared more toward adults) and my picture book manuscripts.

My contract was up with my middle grade historical fiction, and I decided not to renew it.

I wanted to change the cover (I thought the children on the original cover were too young for the main characters and intended readers of the book) and make some formatting changes to the manuscript. Some of the changes may seem trivial to people, but I feel that little things can sometimes make a big difference.

Here is a small snippet from the book that I feel fits right in with the cover:

***************
   The house was so quiet, I couldn't sleep. I put my clothes on, slipped out of bed and walked outside. While I stared at the moon, a shooting star flashed across the sky.
   Is that what a Russian missile would look like? I hope I didn't ever find out. I closed my eyes tight, made a wish and went back inside and climbed into my bed. 

***************


The main character also yearns to be an astronaut and travel to the moon when he grows up, so I thought the front cover needed a moon - and a shooting star to make his wishes on.

You will now find a new cover, a few !'s marks scattered here and there in the story (which I feel were really needed), a short timeline in the back of the book and a slightly different format.


I hope you like the changes I made - I do.

You can click on the cover on the sidebar and find it on Amazon.


I'm not very good at making book trailers yet, but here is the one I made for Duck and Cover.
It takes a few seconds, but it will play.

Or . . . you can click here to view it on YouTube.  Give me a thumbs up or thumbs down or leave a comment.   Thanks!



Happy writing and reading everyone!

7 comments:

  1. That new cover is beautiful! Congratulations. I hope this helps to sell more books. It is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this new cover! I think it will have a lot of appeal to kids. It's really awesome. You must be excited about the changes you made and I hope your sales soar! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jess! I'm so glad to hear that. I've put a lot of time and effort in re-releasing my book, and I like it so much better.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!