Friday, March 1, 2019

A Writer's Bookshelves


I love books!

This is a bookshelf that sits next to my computer. It has my reference books in it and some of my favorite middle grade books.










For 8 years I wrote a column for kids and I also like writing historical fiction.

My middle grade book (which means it is geared toward 8-12 year olds - but baby boomers love it, too, because they were young when this story takes place) Duck and Cover, is a historical fiction novel. It takes place in the fall of 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
 
Here are some more reference type books that I have on my shelves that I have found to be very helpful in my writing.














Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I have 3 other bookcases in our family room. They are filled with numerous other books, including picture books, chapter books, vintage books, copies of Two Lane Livin' (the magazine I wrote a children's column in). etc. etc.

Oh, I can't leave out a pic of this old floor-model radio which was converted into a bookcase. I bought this at a yard sale for $3. It is filled with Little Golden Books!






Do you have lots of books, too?
If you like, tell us about them in your comment.
Or better yet, do a blog post about them and come back and put a link to it in your comment - I'd love to see them.





Happy Writing





 

2 comments:

  1. I love your radio turned bookshelf! I have tons and tons of books too. My office shelves are filled with them. They range from children’s (mine when I was a kid) to Stephen King. I love every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan! Good to hear from another book lover.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!