Monday, February 9, 2015

Pile of Books

I received a gift card for Christmas for Books A Million!

Here is my pile of books I came home with.


I am going to get serious and start going through the 2015 Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market, looking for publishers to send my manuscripts.

My only complaint - there are so many where you can't send in unagented manuscripts. So, I go through and put big X's where these publishers are listed.

I have finished reading CHOMP and I posted about it last Wednesday (before I had finished reading it). After reading, I consider it an upper MG book or maybe lower YA. On the downside, there are a few instances of bad language in the book. Call me old fashioned, but I don't like reading or writing bad language in books. There is also some violence, abuse and drinking (mostly by the father of the female character, Tuna). On the good side, the child characters in the book are likeable and responsible people.

Visit my blog on Wednesday. I'll be giving away CHOMP to one of my commenters.

Well, I've got to get to work searching through my writer's market book. I need to send out my manuscripts!

Happy Writing.
 



  

4 comments:

  1. Even if a publisher won't accept an unsolicited or agented manuscript, you can still send them a query. I have done that and had my manuscript requested -- not that they bought it (sigh). Anyway, if you think a publisher is just right for you, I would try that. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rosi. I guess I could try that. The worse that could happen is that they will throw it away without looking at it. Unfortunately, some publishers say not to query them either.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you picked up some great books with your gift card! I read Mr. Lemoncello's Library and really enjoyed it. I would LOVE to go to the library in the book.

    Good luck querying your MS!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I'm looking forward to reading Mr. Lemoncello's Library.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!