Monday, December 10, 2012

The Christmas Story

Day Ten
The Christmas Story
by Jane Werner
Pictures by Eloise Wilkin



 

This is another story illustrated by Eloise Wilkin.

This book tells the Christmas story, the reason for the season. It starts with Mary, a girl of Galilee. 
She lived long years ago,  but such a wonderful thing happened to her that we remember and love her still.

It tells of their trip to Bethlehem and their trouble finding a place to stay.
It tells of the angels and the country shepherds in the field, keeping watch over their flocks by night.
It tells of the three wise men.

The child was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was born. And the child grew and became strong in spirit and full of wisdom. And the grace of God was upon him.

Have you been reading any books about Christmas this month?

 Posted by Janet F. Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch.



4 comments:

  1. I think I had this book. I need to find some for my kiddos, some Jesus books and not santa ones. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these books you're highlighting. I purchased a book called THE ADVENT STORYBOOK when my kids were younger. You read a bit of the story each day as a bear follows a star, meets different people along his journey, and finds Jesus at the end. Touching and with beautiful illustrations. We still read through it now, though as one story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two different versions of this same book. I think they might have different illustrators. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is THE REASON! I will have to find this particular one. This world needs more Jesus, don't they Janet? (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!