Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Christmas Cub



Day Thirteen
The Christmas Cub
by Justine Korman Fontes
Illustrated by Lucinda McQueen
1999

Schol Rdr Lvl 2: The Christmas Cub (Enriched EBK) 


This is the book I read today. 

It is about a curious little cub named Pip who climbed out of his den during the winter to see what he was missing!

He had quite an adventure. He met up with a fir tree named Evergreen. 
He saw people for the first time. They were celebrating Christmas.
He saw the decorations, heard the singing and ate the cookies!
Evergreen and Pip shared presents and got to feel Christmas happy.

Pip turned out to be a most beautiful tree and when Santa appeared, he said, "I believe you are a Christmas tree."

From  then on, all evergreens have been Christmas trees - and cuddly teddy bears have been Santa's favorite gift to give.

Posted by Janet F. Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch. 



2 comments:

  1. What a super idea for a story. (I wish I'd thought of it.) Your choices are funtastic Janet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an excellent idea, Janet. I've enjoyed reading about these books, many of which I haven't read before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!