Thursday, September 13, 2012

Believe in Yourself



I saw on Facebook where one of my friends (and cousins) pasted a picture which said. . . .

She Believed
She Could, 
So She Did

I guess you might say this is my motto in writing.
I believe I can do it. If I keep at it long enough, I will succeed.

We have to believe. If we do not believe in ourselves, who will?

We can't be a quitter. Quitters do not succeed.

Lately, I have been working hard on a few of my picture books. I am trying to take them from Okay to . . .
unique -  different -  and hey, that's pretty good.

Our manuscripts have to stand out and say, "Look at me!"

Sometimes writers get impatient and send out their work before it is ready. I know I have did it.

Before self publishing and before sending out to publishers we need to edit, edit and edit again. We need to get other writer's opinions and we need our manuscript to be as polished as it can be.


Believe in yourself and you will succeed.

What advice do you have? Do you believe in yourself? Let us help each other and we will succeed.

Posted by Janet F. Smart at Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch






7 comments:

  1. It's sometimes hard to judge your own manuscript to be able to tell whether it's unique or not. That's one of the reasons why I do so much reading for the age level of children that I'm writing for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Janet. You will be successful - it's a matter of time.
    I wanted to have my book out years ago and I realize now that the Lord did not let me as it was not ready.
    When it's the right time, BOOM, everything will fall into place for you.
    I battle believing in myself constantly. It's an up and down hill battle.
    Anytime you want someone to read one of your stories please feel free to email it to me. I'd love to read and give you any feedback I can. I love reading books with the little grands so I'm familiar with the books for younger ones.
    Take care of you and always BELIEVE you can do it. You can! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vada Faith is free Sept. 15, on Kindle. www.amazon.com.
    Check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do have to believe. I'm not a patient person by nature, but with writing, I am. It takes time. And lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe in myself, but I also try to be realistic in my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so true! We as writers need to believe in ourselves. It's discouraging to get rejection letters, but we can't quit. I'm so glad you are working on your children's books. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outside help is always good to polish a work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!