Thursday, July 19, 2012

Writing and Quotes

Hi everyone. I can't believe it's been so long since I posted here.

I have been busy, though.
I have been working on my newest middle grade novel. It feels good to be working on something new.

And, I sent in a submission to Chicken Soup! The call out I sent my manuscript to was Angels Among Us.
My story is about something that happened when my dad passed away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will want it.

Here are some writing quotes I like:

"Sure, it's simple, writing for kids . . . . Just as simple as bringing them up." Ursula K. LeGuin

"The secret of good writing is to say an old thing in a new way or to say a new thing in an old way."  Richard Harding Davis

"If you tell me, it's an essay.  If you show me, it's a story."  Barbara Greene

"The title to a work of writing is like a house's front porch.... It should invite you to come on in."  Angela Giles Klocke

Do you want to share with us the name of a book that has a great title?
 
I love writing for children. When we were leaving the library on Tuesday, after my writing meeting, a small child was walking in with his mother. He was carrying a book under his arm almost as big as he was.  It was so inspiring. Some day I hope to see a child carrying a book I have written under his arm. 

 Posted by Janet F. Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch
©Janet F. Smart


  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your Chicken Soup submission. Fingers crossed for you!

    Happy Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,
    Wishing you luck with the Chicken Soup submission.

    I love your quotes.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!