Monday, June 4, 2012

Busy Week and Writer's Conference






It is going to be a busy week.
I'm off to deliver the June issue of Two-Lane Livin' to the Sissonville Library in Kanawha County today.
I will be critiquing picture books submitted this week by my online critique group,
our weekly writing group meets on Tuesday and . . .
the annual West Virginia Writer's Conference is Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

I am looking forward to the conference.
As of right now, a few of the workshops I plan to attend are:
Pesky Parents - Middle Grade Writing, Nonfiction From Your Own Lives, People's Choice Prose, Time Management for Writers, Children's Book Publishing and Food and Spiritual Writing.

Of course, all of this can change as they change the schedule and I change my mind.

I hate it when they schedule two workshops that I want to attend in the same time slot, but it always happens and there isn't much we can do about it.

I need to go through my stories and pick out one to read at the People's Choice Prose workshop. We are given a certain amount of time, usually 5 minutes, to read a story we have written. At the end of the workshop, attendees vote on paper for their favorite three and the winners are announced at the Saturday evening banquet.

I also have to look for my best writing (poetry and prose) to put up on the Writer's Wall for people to read and vote on.  In previous years I have received 2nd place on the Prose Wall and on the Poetry Wall. Keep your fingers crossed that I will pick out a piece that will hook the attendees into voting for it.

What is happening with you this week? Anyone else going to the conference?


Posted by Janet F. Smart on Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch
©Janet F. Smart





5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a busy one ahead, wishing you luck..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a busy week. The writer's conference sounds great. I hope you will enjoy it very much. I would like to attend it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have a fantastic time at the writer's conference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great conference. Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

    http://thetribulationtimesherald-exhorter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!