Tuesday, March 3, 2009

That Time of Year

Yes, it's that time of year again.

Spring is upon us and so is the deadline of the annual WVWriters 2009 Annual Writing Competition.

Anyone can enter, but if you're not a resident of the state of WV, you must join WVWriters.
It only costs $20 per year to join. An application can be found here, if you join, please put my name on the referred by line.

Rules, contest judge bios and contest categories are on this page. Go take a look see. At the bottom of the page are names of past winners.

Last year my picture book won HM in the Emerging Writers category. Yea! Not bad for a beginning writer. My friend from our writing group, Susanna Holstein, won 2nd place in the Appalachian Writing category.

As always, I wait until the last minute to enter my stories. I plan to put mine into both the Children's Category and the Emerging Writers Category.

Now I need to decide which stories to enter. I have 2 MG stories and a number of Picture Books to choose from. I am going to enter more than one.

There is a special deal this year. Cost of entry is $10 per manuscript, but every 3rd entry is free! So everyone should enter at least 3 manuscripts. You'll get two entries for the price of one.

Entry deadline is March 15th. Late entry deadline is March 31st, add $2.00 fee for each late entry manuscript.

Winners are announced at the WVWriters annual conference, June 13th at Cedar Lakes, Ripley, WV. Cedar Lakes is only a few miles down the road from where I live. It is a beautiful place where cedars and lakes abound. An old covered bridge crosses one of the lakes and there is a lodge on the grounds.

I've got to hustle and get mine postmarked by March 15th. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Your new picture is A-dore-a-ble!!!!!

    Good good luck on the contest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!