Monday, May 22, 2017

Reading and Writing go Together Like Peanut Butter and Jelly

I love to read and I love to write. They go together like peanut butter and jelly (which I love almost as much as reading and writing).

But sometimes I have too many pots on the stove as the old saying goes.

I recently finished reading Woman of Courage, an inspirational book that takes place in the 1830s, by Wanda E. Brunstetter and Twice Betrayed, a YA that takes place during the Revolutionary War, by Gayle C. Krause. 

I am currently reading two MGs - Silent Boy by Lois Lowry and Vilonia Beebe Takes Charge by Kristen L. Gray. I am enjoying both and am looking forward to finishing them. 

I am also reading One for Agnes, One for Effie, an inspirational book by Nancy Merical. Nancy is a member of my writing group.

As you can see, I have a wide range of books I read. I must admit, though, I enjoy reading MG the most.

While doing all this reading, I am also writing. And unfortunately I am also writing numerous manuscripts.

I feel I need to concentrate on just one and get it finished.

I am still working on my cookbook that is currently titled,  LET'S EAT! There's no place like home COOKING! In addition to regular recipes, it has a few non-edible recipes, sections on old-fashioned tablecloths, food traditions and superstitions, old-fashioned aprons - even how to make a few from denim jeans and cloth calendars, cooking tips, and pages in the back to write down your own treasured recipes. On my other blog, I have posted many recipes on my other blog and some of these are included in this book. 



I am also making changes to my novella, Lucy of Tuppers Hollow, which takes place in 1908.

And I have a chapter book which I would love to get back to, but has been put on hold temporarily. 

Do you work on more than one book or manuscript at a time or do you finish one before starting another?

Any tips on finishing your projects?










6 comments:

  1. I love this, and I know what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon. Glad to see someone else does the same.

      Delete
  2. I keep several writing projects alive at once, working on them as they rise to the surface. Have you read my latest essay on Graceandsuch.com? I posted it on my twitter and Facebook pages. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah. Yes, I just visited the site. Enjoyed your essay.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!