Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Barn Prompt

I love old barns!

I take pictures of them all the time.

Many of my followers have works in progress. But for those of you who do not have anything you are currently working on, I thought I would post this picture of an old barn to give you inspiration.


Use your imagination, which is one of the best tools a writer has.

I can see the makings of a poem.
I can see the start of a mystery.
I can see a short story set in the past.

It can provide a descriptive setting for a historical fiction MG novel.
It can inspire a barnyard picture book.

Have fun, and if you have the time. . . write about the barn, or include it in your work in progress.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, the first scene of my novel takes place in a barn. It's also where I spent most of my childhood, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,
    I also love old barns. This is an excellent photo and brings back many wonderful childhood memories of playing in my granddaddy old barn. This sure does get the ideas to flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm not writing anything. But I love this picture you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture! And I like your imagination. A picture can really get the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love comments!